Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's time for a survey! Which cover do you like better?

I have been struggling with my choice of cover since first publishing in February (see previous blog post).  My first cover was done by a very talented artist and I quite like it but am worried it is a bit too young, so I had another cover designed that looks a bit more stylized and, hopefully, appeals to my target audience of 9-12 year olds.  Which cover do you prefer? Use the survey widget at the right to make your choice. (And if there are any 9-12 year olds in the house, ask them for their opinion! And then buy them the book!) [Note: Sorry, the poll is now closed. Thank you to all who participated!]


3 comments:

  1. My 10 year old and I agree, cover 1 is very attractive and well done, but cover 2 is better for the 9-12 year old age group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 'Anonymous', I appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover two looks "self published" to me. Cover one does not. However, cover 1 does look like it would be more for 7-9 year olds. It might hit the bottom of your target market. My daughter is 8 and she picked Cover 1. I asked her to look at the images and pick the one she would choose if she was going to read one. She picked the one on the left.

    ReplyDelete